Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Operations Support team monitors the overall quality of our service. As a part of the team, you'll be the primary contact for ensuring the quality of our services is maintained while also considering better ways to provide the same service in a more cost efficient manner and keeping customer satisfaction with our services high.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Abide by the budget set for the department.
- Manage the local IT purchases and maintain a log file of all expenditures.
- LAN: responsible for maintaining the operational effectiveness of infrastructure, account management, moves/adds/changes, troubleshooting, and ongoing enhancements to the LAN.
- WAN: maintain the connection between the office and the WAN, coordinates actions with both local and global teams.
- Assist in the management of Electronic Mail: manages user accounts and performs basic troubleshooting.
- Software distribution/support: distribute firm supported software packages and upgrades to staff as necessary, and provides ongoing support in alignment with firm policies.
- Hardware support: may perform repairs but mainly facilitates repair with outsource-vendor and manufacturer.
- Voice mail/video conferencing: support operations of systems, performs troubleshooting, and makes changes to each system.
- Corporate roll outs: coordinates, support, and/or distributes new firm supported products.
- Service Desk: Manages and resolves tickets delegated or escalated by IT Service Desk (Remote Support) Responsible for tracking the reported problem and resolution, and escalates to L2 support as appropriate.
- Manage and perform service requests Set-up end user's devices.
- Serve as point of contact for staff for computer technology information and standards guidance.
- Responsible for delivery of Technology Support in line with the approved technology processes, procedures and support scripts.
- Flags issues for which appropriate script solutions are not available to End User Experience Specialist.
- Coordinate with other team members in the completion of assigned project.
- Assist client staff in formal and informal sessions on the use of current products.
- Manage, resolve and escalate IT incidents as required.
- Setup and operate local data centers and other IT infrastructure.
- Conduct IT Inductions Sessions.
Learning and Growth
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross functional relationships as needed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in the technical environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.