Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Administration
Job Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You'll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
At the Administrative level, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Consistently deliver on multiple commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Learn about how business needs are changing and consider the impact on services provided.
- Take action to stay up to date with the evolution and impact of technology developments.
- Adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Anticipate the needs of others and take appropriate action.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- To provide administrative support to others in the office and to maintain an efficient office environment.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to budget
- Provide cost efficient administrative and clerical support
- Receive and deliver proposals, RFPs and cheques
- Assist in guest catering and parking
- Coordinate with drivers and security
- Help with document printing, binding, labelling and scanning
- Deliver items to other business establishments when needed
- Replenish stationary stock and printing supplies as needed
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs (plumber, electrician etc.)
- Maintain kitchen inventory and coordinate refreshment supplies (coffee, water and snacks)
- Receive catering orders
- Maintain marketing material inventory
- Disseminate mail internally
- Other tasks as assigned
- Learning and Growth
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Act in accordance with regulations
- High school diploma or Bachelor's degree
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 0 year of experience
- Experience with a professional services firm is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
- Must possess a warm, friendly and professional demeanor
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.