Job description / Role
- Ensure all revenues generated in the Hotel are recorded timely, accurately, properly valued, correctly classified and report discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Produce the daily revenue report and reconcile all revenues against cash banked and accounts receivable movements for each day.
- Review and prepare final input into the General Ledger from the various sources and identify and reconcile the balance sheet items and to prepare financial reports as required.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
- Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience as Income Auditor in 5 Star Hotel
- High level of IT understanding.
- Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
Core Work Activities:
- Finalize Food Cover Report and photocopy various documentation for F&B Control and Finance Department.
- Prepare key Revenue Journal and distribute to the relevant managers.
- Control of dockets used in all Outlets, maintaining correct sequence used at all times, Account for all dockets and making sure cancelled dockets are recorded accordingly.
- Control all Food and Beverage sales by:
- Correct recording of guest checks on a timely basis.
- Perform spot checks on outlet checks used.
- Have all voided checks, corrections and unsettled checks approved by the Restaurant Supervisor or Manager.
- Ensure banquet controls are being adhered to.
- Reconcile total outlet sales to total charges.
- Ensure all rebates and miscellaneous charges are supported by documentation detailing the charges. All Rebate Credits must be process in accordance with Policy & Procedure 3.10. The Rebate Credits, Miscellaneous Charges and Paid Outs must be summaries and set to the Director of Finance and General Manager for review daily.
- Ensure that programs involving coupons, certificates and vouchers are adequately controlled and safeguards are in place.
- Audit daily collection of the General Cashiers Summary against the bank in slip.
- Audit and reconcile advance payments and ensure payment has been applied.
- Work with General Cashier, check all float totals regularly and keep control on registers in Outlets.
- Reconcile all revenues in the hotel to either the interfaced software reports (e.g. minibars, telephone, etc) or to manual back-up.
- Ensure daily work is properly filed.
- Accountable and expected to fully comply with the company's OSHMS (Occupational, Safety & Health Management System) policies, OSHMS procedures & operational work instructions and any other relevant legislation.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Accor Control-related tasks
- Understand control frameworks including self-audits & controls defined by Accor Internal Controls team.
OSH (Occupational Safety & Health) Responsibilities
- Participate in the risk assessment activities.
- Develop new work procedures as required, in coordination with department heads
- Provide all employees with relevant OSH information in an appropriate manner;
- Ensuring that all works are conducted in a manner safe and without risk to employees and visitors
- Planning to do all work safely;
- Providing advice and assistance on OSH to all employees;
- Action in OSH reports and carrying out workplace inspections;
- Preparing and participating in OSH meetings and OSH programs;
- Ensuring on safe work practices at all times;
- Conducting toolbox talks and daily team briefings
- Ensure that all incidents are reported to the OSH Manager
All cash handling associates are required to understand:
- Policies & procedures specified in Accor Standards such as Cashiering Responsibilities, Cashier Overage & Shortages.
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Arithmetic Computation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
- Form, Report & Log Completion
- Positive Demeanour
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Microsoft Office
- Files Security
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Accounts Receivables, Tax & Treasury Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Cluster Payroll Manager
Senior Accounting Manager
Quest Search & Selection