Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park, and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
This position is responsible for documenting the company's revenues, tracking monetary funds, reconciling the general cashier report with receipts, and preparing income reports.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Audit all revenue transactions for consistency, accuracy, and methods used to meet the hotel's standards and Accor policies and procedures.
- Audit all outlet reports and tally them with Opera for accuracy. Check the discounts are in line with the approved discount matrix.
- Control and reconcile the daily sales in the outlets.
- Review paid-out and allowance vouchers for accuracy, proper approval, and supporting documentation.
- Review guest ledger balances daily and researches questionable movements.
- Audit the credit card transactions for accuracy. Ensure the POS details summary reports tally with Opera.
- Audit charges to city ledger and credit card companies before forwarding them to the Accounts Receivable section.
- Ensure that all of the day's Banquet revenue has been recorded by checking against the function orders.
- Prepare the Month End Tips Reports for all outlets.
- Prepare any report or work requested by the Director of Finance.
- Ensures that the trial balance should tally between Opera, symphony, and subsystem.
- Prepare General Cashier report and reconcile transactions with the receipt.
- Audit the cash floats from time to time with spot checks a minimum once a month.
- Prepare Daily Revenue Flash for the use of Department Heads with all necessary revenue and statistical figures for them to operate their individual profit centers effectively.
Your experience and skills include:
- Knowledge and experience in accounting systems including Opera and Micros/Symphony
- Previous experience of at least 2 years in a similar role.
- The Previous point of sale system experience is required.
- Strong work ethics and corporate governance.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment without supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on details
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.