Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Inspector will be required to assist the construction supervision team on a deep underground retained-concrete structure also consisting of a large diameter tunnel and drainage network.
* Provide professional support to the supervision management team on the project, helping to ensure high quality service delivery and a coordinated response to clients
* Involve delegated trust and authority, together with the use of initiative, at a level commensurate with the status of the post
* Check site conditions for suitability prior to construction
* Observe, check and record work execution is in accordance with approved methods
* Check instructions are being carried out
* Check setting-out and levels
* Check services locations and ensure their protection
* Record inspections, tests, work executed etc.
* Check materials delivered are as approved and properly stored
* Observe site safety procedures
* Measure work done when required
* Assist in the preparation of As Built drawings
* To undertake specific projects as required.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
* Minimum 8 years demonstrable experience of supervision of civil construction projects of which not less than 5 years shall be in works related to underground structures projects;
* Experience should also include construction involving deep excavations, structural and water retaining concrete, temporary works, dewatering, pavement/ roadworks, utilities diversion/ interface etc.
In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
* With integrity
* With due skill, care and diligence
* In good faith, and
* In compliance with all applicable laws
* Ability to relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
* Leadership and/or managerial experience along with mentoring skills
* Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are implemented and adhered in every activity
* Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.