Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Landscape Inspector will provide all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all landscape issues and progress of the works. The incumbent will be responsible for the daily inspection and approval of the work items submitted by the contractor and he will monitor the work progress during the construction. He will participate and coordinate with the contractor to ensure timely inspections and monitor all aspects of the landscape works in progress.
- Check site conditions for suitability prior to construction
- Observe, check and record works execution is in accordance with approved methods
- Check instructions are being carried out
- Record inspections, tests, work executed etc.
- Check material delivered are as approved and properly stored
- Observe site safety procedures
- Measure work done when required
- Assist in the review of shop drawings
- Assist in the review and preparation of ‘As-Built’ drawings
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BSc/BEng degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or Landscape Architecture. Registration as professional engineer preferable.
- At least 10 years of overall experience, minimum of 2 years in GCC, and 3 years in similar role on Landscape Projects/High Rise Buildings (at least 20 stories).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of current Civil Engineering Technology and its effective use on the project. Construction of large civil/structural and/or industrial projects.
- Experience in Inspections of work and Review of contractors' shop drawings.
- Experience in Microsoft Applications. Familiar with project management tools and/or software.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.