Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE ENSURE URBAN RAIL SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY FOR OVER 3 BILLION PASSENGERS ANNUALLY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defense and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signaling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS (ISC)
Did you know that Thales is the number 1 supplier of integrated supervision and communication systems for rail networks worldwide? Used in more than 20 countries, our systems allow rail networks to ensure passenger safety and comfort by providing them with solutions that enable them to provide passenger information and services such as WiFi, whilst our video surveillance and radio communication systems are ensuring the safety of passengers and staff. Millions of passengers rely on our systems daily.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR INSTALLATION SUPERVISOR TO JOIN THE THALES INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS TEAM IN DOHA, QATAR
The Installation Manager will be supporting the Installation Manager (ICS/SCADA/AFC and SIG) to supervise installation subcontractor teams during installation activities in particular zone.
• Interface to other suppliers during installation activities (Civil work, MEP, …).
• Monitor the installation subcontractors work progress.
• Ensure HSE implementation during installation activities.
• Run PICO tests (Post Installation Checkout). Ensure approval from client and consultant.
• Work closely with the Construction Supervision Consultant, Contractors, vendors and suppliers in resolution of site related problems and to ensure that identified deficiencies are repaired and update as to actual site conditions.
• Manages routine installations, testing site meetings and monitors subordinate workloads to maximize performance.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of installation activity in the assigned zone.
• Implement company's business management system including QA and HSE systems
• Daily reporting for the management
Skills and Experience:
• 7 - 10 years in Installation activities with a large Metro project
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
• Ability to manage a small installation supervision teams and installation subcontractors.
• Capable of working in difficult conditions (Dust, heat, Tunnel, etc…)
• Experience in Microsoft applications in particular Excel for reporting
• Understanding drawings and detailed schedules
• Deep experience in Communication and security systems.
• Should have Metro/Railways domain experience
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the [insert country], we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.