Job description / Role
Responsible for maintaining records of materials in inventory and on order; Monitors reorder points and initiates action to replenish stock. Reconciles discrepancies in inventories and notifies Line Manager of irregularities.
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; processes purchasing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems.
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Ensure efficient communication level with suppliers on various issues among which credit notes related to return to vendor, damages, change of price and seasonal credit notes
- Oversee all Inventory transactions: sales, receiving, discrepancies upon receiving, transfers between countries, transfers between stores, price changes, promotion & sale, change of season, Return to Vendor, defected items and uniforms to ensure compliance to set policies and procedures
- Monitor compliance with the franchise agreements signed with suppliers in order to ensure adherence
- Participate in Preparing the purchase plan and make regular adjustments, based on actual forecast and firm/additional orders, sales projection from the sales department
- Ensure proper testing all business Process for new Opening, Prior to the Opening date.
- Work with New Product Planning to develop and implement new product launch plans.
- Responsible for managing and updating discontinuing and transitional items forecasts into the system based on the run outs and new packaging timelines.
- Receives, unpacks, and delivers goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves.
- Processes and/or approves invoices for payment.
- Processes and documents return as required following established procedures.
- Maintain store managers are getting the highest and the quickest possible support that helps them maximize their sales by providing trainings, providing needed reports like best-selling / slow-moving and advise whether the replenishment or the promotion to be applied accordingly, providing technical support regarding all inventory applications.
- Run monthly physical inventory count status to be started and measured against Warehouse Lead annual cycle count plan
- Run annual report to report physical inventory differences and values
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS/ABILITIES and PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- 5-8 years in managing inventories in retail industry
- University Graduate preferably BS Commerce or Accounting
- Bilingual (English and Arabic speaking skills desirable)
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to multitask
- Exceptional communicator both written and verbal
- Solid knowledge of inventory warehouses will be an absolute advantage.
- Must have spreadsheet experience with inventories.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Strong communication skills
- Strong business acumen to include conceptualization and practical working knowledge of Materials Management and Logistics
- Familiarity with local and international market
- Highly organized and able to work in a busy retail environment
- Analytical thinker with strong numerical abilities
- Creative Innovator – committed to constant improvement
- Determination and drive for results
- Diligent and conscientious
- Team player/commitment to group goals
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
About the Company
Equinox was founded by Sheikh Hassan Bin Sultan Al Thani in 1993 who holds the position of the CEO until today, overseeing the company's strategic direction and development. Originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market, the company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today Equinox has grown to include activities within real estate development and investment, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation.
The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, residential compounds, commercial and industrial developments. The retail section covers the major categories such as fashion, home interiors, beauty, accessories, jewellery and toys. B2B section includes contracting, project work and product distribution. As for the local partnership and representation section, it entails alignments with world leading logistics organisations. Spanning Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and America, Equinox portfolio of brands and business partners is truly global.