Job description / Role
Provide strategic guidance with regards to technology, security and infrastructure. Enable major business processes through enhancements to IT. Improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organizations.
• Develop, implement and continuously improve the IT vision, strategy, policies, structure and plan to support and meet the demands of the wider strategic and commercial objectives of the company.
• Provide the leadership required to continuously implement and upgrade digitization and automation initiatives in order to increase organizational capabilities for improved security, efficiency, productivity and profitability.
• Provide the leadership, management and expertise required ensuring quality and on-time and on-budget delivery of IT projects through mentoring and motivating project managers and team members.
• Oversee and manage all third-party service agreements associated with IT systems development, implementation and maintenance.
• Ensure information/system security and effectiveness of data management systems, incorporating appropriate backup and disaster recovery plans.
• Direct the preparation of the IT department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues
Identify, define, justify and source all required IT department resources, considering internal and external sources. Lead and manage the IT personnel and ensure their professional and personal development necessary to meet the requirements of their roles.
• Degree in computer science/engineering from an internationally recognized university.
• Additional qualifications such as CISA is a plus.
• Post-graduate qualifications in business, information technology or other relevant discipline will be an advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of 10 years experience in the IT industry, with at least five years in a senior position, with extensive experience in management and information systems
• Hands-on individual who brings a broad knowledge of IT business systems and applications, with an ability to identify problems and render logical and appropriate solutions, in a timely and decisive manner.
• Experience in implementing IT change within a large organization.
• Proven leadership and management skills in a dynamic change environment, with outstanding interpersonal skills, adept at influencing and coaching others and leading by example with a participatory management style.
Good communications skills across all levels of the organization and external to IT, with a commitment to sharing information, maintaining an environment of honesty and open exchange of information and ideas.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst
IT Infrastructure Manager
Head of Data Centre & Network
Ernest Hathaway Associates Ltd