Job description / Role
IT Helpdesk support will act a first line of support, also will play key role in monitoring the effectiveness of IT support activities, and in assessing the need for additional IT support resources based on incident type, criticality, resolution time, etc. the IT support personnel will provide immediate IT support services to end users through the Service Desk ticketing system, e-mails and telephone to resolve their requests, problems, and incidents.
• Act as a single point of contact for all IT related issues at Business Innovation park and other site as required.
• Assist user with all problems associated with applications, network connectivity, and/or hardware issues as needed
• Performs all duties Provide technical support for reported issues, log calls, emails and verbally communicated issues to have a single source of IT issues (problems, incidents, ideas, queries, potential enhancements, etc.).
• Provide first line IT-helpdesk support to employees by performing first level support duties on (but not limited to)
• End user hardware (including computers, printers, scanners etc.)
• Application and Software support.
• PC/User administration and management.
• LAN/WAN basic troubleshooting.
• Cloud and MS applications support.
• Implement hardware/software installations/upgrades and patch upgrades for end users.
• Supporting meeting and AV solutions.
• Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk
• Review content of captured issues to assess for completion, e.g. priority, clarity, impact, subject matter, etc. to direct to the appropriate support resource.
• Direct issues / calls to appropriate support contacts and provide 1st line support for rapid issue resolution where possible in order to provide a rapid and effective service to end users.
• Coordinate arrangements for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house, based on instructions from IT Operation Manager or IT Director.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
• Undergraduate degree in, Computer science or equivalent
• IT support related professional certification CompTIA A+ or equivalent certification
• ITIL foundation certification preferred
• 3-5 years IT support work experience.
• Good experience to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
• Strong oral/written communication skills in English, with excellent telephone manners.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and desire/ability to learn new technologies/skills.
• Experience coordinating efforts of a support team within a Helpdesk environment.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including incoming transactions/telephone recording monitoring tools/utilities.
• Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL/SLA.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Support for computer hardware and any authorized desktop software
• Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network
• Experience on escalate the issue/problem to proper tier 2 and 3 support team members When the restoration is beyond the scope.
• Experience in developing a trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests.
• Experience in performing post-resolution follow ups to help requests
• Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
IT Help Desk Technician
Acciona Facility Services Middle East
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
IT Service Desk
Sutherland Global Services
|Abu Dhabi||19 Mar|
Server Administration, Customer Support, Tech Support