Job description / Role
• To perform the planning, design, implementation, operation, maintenance and improvement of QTerminals’ enterprise technology infrastructure in order to meet or exceed agreed availability and performance targets within approved capital and operational expenditure budgets.
• Reporting to CIO and managing a direct team of about 20 strong staff and having accountability for managing the IT infrastructure and resources required to plan for, develop, deliver and support IT services and products.
• Set infrastructure standards and optimize savings through compliant procurement of compliant products, in collaboration with enterprise architects, IT Governance Manager, Systems & Solutions Manager and Procurement department.
• This role will have overall accountability for server infrastructure, network services, unified communication services, storage and backup services, data centre services, desktop services, file and print services, mobile services and authentication services.
• Requires at least a bachelor's degree, prefer has master’s degree in IT.
• Extensive knowledge of IT department processes. Typically requires 10 years’ experience in the related area as an individual contributor. At least 5 years supervisory experience required.
• Prefer has Terminal knowledge or Port operation experience.
• Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
• Extensive knowledge of network & operating systems, wired and wireless connectivity, UX Server, Window Server and desktop management.
About the Company
QTerminals W.L.L. is a terminal operating company jointly established by Qatar Ports Management Company (Mwani Qatar) and Qatar Navigation (Milaha) — with the former owning 51% and the latter 49% of the company — to initially provide container, general cargo, RORO, livestock and offshore supply services in Phase 1 of Hamad Port, Qatar’s gateway to world trade. QTerminals’ mission is to facilitate the efficient flow of Qatar’s imports, exports, and international maritime trade; and to stimulate economic growth locally and regionally.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst