Job description / Role
Reporting to the General Manager, the Information Technology Manager will lead the IT department of this prominent financial services company in Qatar.
The day-to-day duties of IT managers include the top-level planning and coordination of:
• Hardware and software installation and upgrades
• Implementation and programming of computer networks and software
• Digital security
The minimum criteria for this position is:
• BSc. in Computer Sciences or similar and
• 8+ years of experience, where the last 3+ years in a Financial Institution (we might be able to consider Insurance firms as well)
The ideal candidate must also have:
• At least 1 – 2 professional certificates from major vendors e.g. Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat within the System/Software Development, and highly preferred to have Project Management related certificate.
• Proven experience of the relative programming languages and techniques e.g. SQL/PL-SQL, C#, Java, as well as Web Development languages e.g. PHP, ASP
• Proven experience in e-Channels e.g. Internet & Mobile Banking/Applications, SMS Banking, Payment Gateways Integrations, as well as Middleware solutions e.g. JBoss, BizTalk, Oracle’s stack Fusion/Tomcat/Glassfish
• Hands-on experience in UNIX/Linux OS e.g. Solaris, AS/400, RHEL, on i-386 architectures; SPARC architecture would be a plus.
• Hands-on experience in Internet Security solutions and requirements e.g. WAF, Next-Gen Firewalls, Load-Balancing, Sandboxing, OWASP
The IT manager will have a keen understanding of the technological and organizational needs of their company. They are frequently change with researching and implementing ways that technology and network-based systems can increase company organization and productivity. They must also stay up-to-date with current and emerging technology and computing trends.
About the Company
"Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries."
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.
Group IT Head
RTC-1 Employment Services
Head of IT Infrastructure
RTC-1 Employment Services
Hotel IT Manager
Director of Technical Delivery
NSI & Bluefin Talent