Job description / Role
My client is a European Systems integrator. With an excellent reputation in Qatar, they have managed the integration and implementation of IT and other ELV/security/telecommunications systems on some of the largest construction mega-projects in Qatar.
As part of an Engineering team, reporting to the Technical Director and Project Manager, the successful candidate will support the bid, design, documentation and implementation of IT infrastructure related to the ELV systems.
He/she must be able to gather/understand requirements, propose technical and commercial solutions, manage preparation of tender/bid proposals, prepare the detailed BoQ for procurement from a variety of manufacturers/vendors, assist with the installation of new hardware/software, fine tune IT problems, implement HA solutions and be able to work individually as well as on team projects.
• Participate in the business development and technical departments as part of the technical team that designs and delivers the technical solutions for the bid proposals and projects.
• Responsible for the design, architecture and cost estimate of technical solutions for bid proposals and projects for the technical field under his/her responsibility. Ability to generate alternative solution with better costing structure and solid technical arguments.
• Participate in the set-up, supervision and performance of the installation, configuration and testing & commissioning activities during project implementation if required.
• Communication and representation of the project to the customer and partners as required in coordination with his supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent in the field of IT
• A minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in computer engineering and IT infrastructure
• Experience in designing, implementing and optimizing IT solutions
Preferably certified including the following:
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
• ITIL V3
• VMware Certified Associate – Digital Business Transformation
• VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization
• CCNA / CCNP
• Experience in setting up, configuring, T&C of Windows Servers, Active Directory, Windows Always-On, Fail-over Architecture, VMware vSphere, VMware HA, Load Balancers, Microsoft SQL Server, Back up systems, Networking experience to include LANs, WANs and VPNs.
• Previous experience in IT projects in mandatory, previous experience in security systems is desirable
About the Company
"Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries."
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.