Job description / Role
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the IT Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviews and schedules daily work; prioritizes and ensures completion of tasks, follow established procedures
- Ensures optimal availability of the computer systems, POS and network
- Performing / handling of backup operations, system failures and recovery procedures
- Maintains user accounts, user environments, directories and system security
- Follows procedures to resolve problematic situations; performs first-level diagnostics and problem determination. When problems cannot be resolved by following routine procedures; refers problems to supervisor or vendor when appropriate
- Investigates all hardware malfunctions; notifies and coordinates maintenance service with contractors; assists in problem determination by observing and noting them, keeping and researching logs, and identifying patterns of problems; ensures that all equipment are in proper working condition
- Monitors and administers the network. Regularly reviews server logs to detect server, network and security issues
- Ensures that all shift activities, unusual occurrences, and status events are properly logged, investigated, reported, and resolved
- Monitors inventory of supplies needed for operational requirements and assists in keeping supplies stocked by relaying order requests to IT Manager
- Installs and/or maintains personal computers, network, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment
- Ensures timely user notification of maintenance requirements and impact on system availability
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the users and company information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
- Maintains a clean, neat and tidy environment in the Computer Room
- Ensures that all safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and Government Legislation are adhered to
- Fills in as needed in operations to cover absences, vacations and staff shortage
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum GCE 'O' Level with 1-2 years of Computer Operations and Networking experience
- Basic knowledge of e-Microsoft Operating Systems such as Windows 2003/XP Prof
- Microsoft Application products such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.
- Basic Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN)
- Basic Lotus Notes
- Knowledge of Hotel Application Systems is a plus
- Must be able to work in shift, weekends and Public Holiday
- Good written and verbal communication skill for customer handling and system documentation
- Innovative and creative in contributing ideas
- Good problem solver with a positive work attitude, follow-up skills and ability to work independently
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.