Job description / Role
• The ITS / SCADA Engineer plans, organizes, and ensures adequate staffing, execution, and monitoring of all field engineering activities and related support operations.
• Provides guidance regarding scope of work, schedules, procedures, field construction problems, and other technical information.
• Establishes, monitors, and maintains construction engineering quality control in the field.
• Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
• Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with project design engineering, client representatives, and contractors.
• Maintains project control documentation, design drawings and specifications, back-charge documents, change orders, etc.
• Reviews material submittals, recommends approval, forwards to the Client for final approval and follows-up with the Client, as applicable.
• Monitors contractor performance pertaining to schedule and conformance to plans and specifications. Performs technical reviews and evaluations.
• Provide advice on field engineering procedures, construction methods, and financial matters to management.
• Reviews contract programs and assessment of progress.
• Frequently interfaces with upper-level management and client personnel. Keeps them informed of the progress and relay potential problem that may affect the project so a prompt action can be made.
• Prepares technical reports and conduct high quality presentations.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering with minimum 10 years of experience with increasingly responsible positions in design and construction supervision with large SCADA and/or ITS projects.
• In depth knowledge of SCADA, ITS and PLC systems and their systems integration.
• Direct working experience with managing, SCADA/ITS including review of shop drawings, conducting system acceptance testing, start up and commissioning for applications in tunnel systems.
• Preparation of Operations and Maintenance management programs for tunnels.
• Working knowledge of LV electrical systems, tunnel radio, ventilation, emission monitoring, PLC and operator HMI/GUI software systems,
• Experience working in Middle East is preferred
• Proven ability to lead multicultural team, manage project independently, multitasking, meeting deadline and capable to effectively communicate vertically and horizontally.
• Knowledge of contract language, standard contract conditions such as FIDIC.
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes and working knowledge of the industry practices.
• Safety awareness and training.
• Proficiency in the use of computers, office and communication software.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.