Job description / Role
• Perform buying duties when necessary.
• Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
• Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
• Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
• Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
• Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
• Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
• Determine if inventory quantities are enough for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
• Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
• Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
• Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
• Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
• Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
• Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
• Monitor contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
• Minimum of 1-3 years as Junior Purchasing Officer
• With SAP experience
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions. See more occupations related to this skill.
• Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
About the Company
ACCIONA is one of Spain's principal business groups and a leader in the fields of infrastructure development and management, renewable energy, water and services.
With a century of history, and more than 30,000 professionals, it operates in over 30 countries on the five continents. ACCIONA is included in Spain\'s blue-chip Ibex 35 index and is a core stock in the market (see Financial Information).
ACCIONA's positioning as a pioneer in development and sustainability expresses its capacity to respond to the challenge of attaining sustainable development through all its areas of activity. One of its specific commitments is to steadily reduce its carbon footprint and lead the transition to a low-carbon economy. ACCIONA\'s activities and businesses avoid millions of metric tons of emissions every year (see Emissions Meter). The Sustainability Master Plan develops the Company's sustainability strategy.
Logistic Coordinator Officer
Sigma Technical Enterprises & Trading Co.
Procurement and Logistic Manager
Sigma Technical Enterprises & Trading Co.
Equinox Global Investments