Job description / Role
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Responsible for the entire portfolio of defense accounts in Qatar, being of strategic importance to the group and of considerable complexity. Own total relationship with the overall defense account, encompassing the forces and the associated industrial companies of the Ministry of Defense. Responsible for growing order intake, by identifying and prioritizing all opportunities from those accounts and managing sales pipeline, and for ensuring customer satisfaction.
Manage a team of Key Account Managers to:
- Understand the structure of the market for this customer sector or account (where an account is an individual customer and a sector is a collection of customers operating in the same market sector)
- Understand key drivers and vectors of change impacting organizations operating in this market
- Understand the strategic initiatives and expectations of the customer
- Identify the customer's view of value
- Build and maintain enduring customer relationships
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Capture and feed Strategy & Marketing departments with inputs from competition and customers insight
- Deploy Key Account Plan as key management tool to mobilize the complete "Account Team"
- Achieve profitable growth within the account, being responsible for total order intake, revenue and profit of the account/ sector
- Demonstrate knowledge of the entire defense portfolio to enable opportunity identification across all business lines and grow pipeline for future years' growth
- Create, maintain and implement account plans and opportunities capture plans strategies both internally and with customer stakeholder involvement
- Lead the early identification of new opportunities, prioritization of opportunities, taking ownership of the development and capture of offers to the customer, capture leadership through bid and tender submission to contract award, maintain contact with the customer through project delivery in accordance with Thales internal governance (Chorus 2.0 or appropriate)
- Work collaboratively with Business Lines, Global Business Units, Middle East region, bid managers, portfolio managers and product teams to build value-creating offerings for customers and to maximize overall order intake, revenue and profit for Thales
- Ensure Thales technical and commercial offerings are aligned with customers' business and operational needs
- Influence the market, customers and internal business lines to position Thales to win
- Use the Thales GCRM tool to track and manage opportunities
- Conceal the complexity of doing business with Thales from the customer and simplifying doing business
- Resolve channel conflict within the company.
- Large account / customer management experience within relevant or allied market with a proven sales or program experience
- Working to targets / clear objectives and with demonstrable track record
- Previous experience within defense industry
- Qualified to a level of higher education, management degree or equivalent
- Standard IT skills (word, excel, power point, etc.), experience with sales pipeline tools, ability to operate customer's portals.
- Demonstrate customer focus
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Good relationship building skills and ability to influence key stakeholders
- Be ambitious and accountable
- Innovation and vision
- Shape solutions out of complexity
- Commercial awareness and numeracy to analyze reports and understand margins
- Team player, Perform through co-operation
- Transparency, timeliness, focus, clarity
- Take care of your own safety and the safety of others as far as is practicable.
- To be aware of, and play an active role in the development and implementation of the HSE Management System, project HSE requirements and Policy Statements.
- Understanding your personal responsibilities and contribute to achieving compliance with the HSE Management System requirements, understand the potential consequences of non-compliance to the HSE arrangements and commits to stated policies above
- Comply with local laws and legislation regarding HSE.
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced within their departments and among subcontractors and third parties working in Thales's controlled premises/systems.
- Do not interfere with or change, adjust anything that is provided for safety unless fully trained to do so.
- Promote a good HSE culture within their departments and among their peers, subcontractors and third parties;
- Lead by example and actively encourage their departments to look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments.
- Conduct regular reviews on the HSE Management System Performance within their areas of responsibility and seek ways of continual improvement.
- Every one within Thales has the right to stop work if they believe that their activities may affect the health and safety or that of others. In this circumstance, such conditions must be reported immediately to their line manager and the HSE department.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.