Kitchen Artist (Pastry)
Job description / Role
- Manage the Artesian Section hygiene & work safety (IN PASTRY KITCHEN)
- Ensure that all materials are properly reviewed & accurately estimated with accordance to the business level
- Assure any spoiled or damaged equipment are not into use to ensure work safety is maintained
- Ensure that all projects are crafted as per guests' requirements and minimizing waste
- Constantly on the alert for new innovative creations to improve the set-up and presentation standards in the banquet, restaurants and for guest room amenities.
- Liaise with banquet guests' or internal guests' request for special theme set-ups, etc.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Provide support to banquet and restaurants with regards to set-ups to be maintained and kept to the hotel's standard according to the required quality and hygiene.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding succession planning
- Ensures that all safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and Government legislation are adhered to.
- Ensure that the Artist Department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures
- Project a positive and motivated attitude amongst all colleagues.
- Support the Culinary and Stewarding team to be consistent in service, use a collaborative, enabling leadership style, have regular team meetings.
- Manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary associates.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
- Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly
- Set example to others on personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Guide and train the Junior Colleagues on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and productive working environment.
- Crucial to keep up to date with most up to date trends and techniques within the artist scene in order to always showcase artistic creations of the next level
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively.
- Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with minimum 3 years certification.
- Minimum Three years of butchery management, minimum two years of culinary management experience in a similar high volume foodservice operation with similar duties and responsibilities.
- Understanding of the food industry and safety standards
- Team player
- Ability to maintain hygiene standards
- Ability to provide excellent customer satisfaction
- Holding a valid food handler license
What we are looking for:
- Trust experience would be advantageous
- A driven problem solver with a creative approach to delivering the ultimate 3-star guest experience
- Someone with a genuine personable service style that always exceeds guests' expectations
- Someone with strong hotel operation experience would be ideal
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work a flexible
What is in it for you:
- Attractive package.
- National and International Opportunities in ACCOR group.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family.
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills.
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
- Career development opportunists with national and international promotion opportunities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.