Job description / Role
The Kitchen Sous Chef is responsible for the supervising and controlling the food production process to ensure the complete provisioning of quality products on and is also responsible for researching new aspects of products, dealing with suppliers and training the kitchen's staff members.
- Supervise all station employees and ensure they comply consistently with the standard recipes and serving portions, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, hygiene regulations, policies and procedures. Implement security / fire / safety procedures according to the set rules and regulations and report any incidents to hierarchy
- Control all dishes ready for serving to make sure they are produced according to quality, presentation and time specifications, and take all measures and make prompt decisions to avoid unsatisfactory products
- Record waste items on the relevant forms and accordingly reduce the wastage of products to assist in cost control
- Research, study and suggest new ideas and recipes to the Head Chef that could contribute to meeting/exceeding the set targets
- Follow up on orders with suppliers, receive goods, check specifications, secure appropriate storing and sign acknowledgment receipts accordingly
- Validate the par level needed for all products
- Train team members on all key responsibilities in the kitchen and ensure that they comply with the set statutory regulations
- Up sell products while operating in the butcher shop
- Assist in carrying out functional supervisory responsibilities that include planning and assigning tasks, setting deadlines, monitoring results and quality, and relaying team's request to hierarchy.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Technical Degree in F&B or Hospitality Management
- 3-4 years of experience in F&B operations in a similar role
- Fluency in English
- Attention to details
- Change and Adaptability
- Commercial Understanding
- Customer Focus
- Driving and Achieving Results
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.