Job description / Role
WSP are looking to appoint Land Surveyors in Qatar and will be responsible for attending requests for inspection for all survey and setting out based work on a daily basis, ensuring that all works are validated on site.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Responsible for attending requests for inspection for all survey and setting out based work on a daily basis, ensuring that all works are validated on site.
- Checking the contractor’s drawings and site operations in relation to required survey checks and reviews.
- Reviewing, understanding and implementing on site the current QCS (Qatar Construction Specification) requirements.
- Preparing daily project reports (written and photographic) on progress of the works for survey related matters.
- Reviewing and commenting on shop drawings for setting out accuracy and identify any existing areas which may be affected by the proposed road construction works.
- Assisting the Senior Land Surveyor to address key stakeholder queries in relation to the orientation of the proposed works as required.
- Continually monitoring the works to ensure the contractor complies with his agreed site safety policies and proposed methods of working and where necessary prohibit continuation of unsafe execution of works by the Contractor.
- Ensuring that any safety concerns are reported to the site management team and relevant safety officers.
- Attending periodical technical, safety, quality and progress meetings as and when required.
- Constantly reviewing the contractors ongoing and scheduled work to ensure that potential issues are identified and raised prior to causing an impact on the progress of the works on site.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- BSc/Diploma in a relevant discipline within the Engineering industry.
- Around 10 years of experience, as well as local experience in Qatar
- Strong communication skills in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.