Job description / Role
Landscape architects typically do the following:
• Meet with clients, engineers, and building architects to understand the requirements of a project
• Prepare site plans, specifications, and cost estimates
• Coordinate the arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures
• Prepare graphic representations of plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software
• Select appropriate landscaping materials
• Analyze environmental reports on land conditions, such as drainage and energy usage
• Inspect landscape project progress to ensure that it adheres to plans
• Seek new work through marketing activities or by giving presentations
• Landscape architects design attractive and functional public parks, gardens, playgrounds, residential areas, college campuses, and public spaces.
• They also plan the locations of buildings, roads, walkways, flowers, shrubs, and trees within these environments.
• Landscape architects design these areas so that they are not only easy to use but also harmonious with the natural environment.
• Landscape architects use various technologies in their work.
• For example, using CADD software, landscape architects prepare models of their proposed work.
• They present these models to clients for feedback and then prepare the final look of the project.
• Many landscape architects also use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which offer GPS coordinates of different geographical features.
• This helps landscape architects design different environments by providing clues on where to start planning and how to anticipate future effects of the landscape, such as rainfall running into a valley.
• The goals of landscape architects are to enhance the natural beauty of a space and foster environmental benefits.
• Landscape architects may plan the restoration of natural places that were changed by humans or nature, such as wetlands, streams, and mined areas.
• They also may design green roofs (roofs that are covered in soil and plants) or rooftop gardens that can retain storm water, absorb air pollution, and cool buildings while also providing pleasant scenery.
• Must have Bachelor or Master's Degree in Architecture
• Minimum of 15 years experience
• Must have registered in MMUP - UPDA
About the Company
Erga Group sal is a fully integrated and well-equipped professional engineering consulting firm that has strong and well recognized capability in Architecture and Multi-disciplinary Engineering (including in-house Civil, Structural, Mechanical Electrical, Plumbing and Drainage Divisions).
From its inception in 1980, it thrived and succeeded in becoming one of the leading Engineering and Consulting firms in Lebanon. It did not expand with unwarranted speed, but rather rationally and durably, for long-term performance.
During the Lebanese civil war, it moved some of its activities to Europe, mainly Paris - France. Instead of succumbing to hardships, it gained a wide range of experience.
Now, in synergy with Lebanon's rebirth, Erga Group is as active as ever, broadening its horizons and scope of activities.
From its earliest days, Erga Group sal adopted the latest and most advanced technologies and is considered by friends and competitors alike as a pioneer in Architecture and related fields.
The company's growth has brought it large-scale prestigious projects within Lebanon, and the Middle East Region. Its projects to an increasing extent have required the company to acquire Master planning.