Job description / Role
Landscape Engineer is a professional who applies engineering principles to the design, construction, and maintenance of outdoor spaces. Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance.
• Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for the assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
• Site analysis: Engineer will analyze the site's topography, soil, and drainage to develop a plan that maximizes the site's potential.
• Design and planning: Develop a design plan that takes into consideration the site's natural features and intended use, as well as the client's preferences.
• Environmental sustainability: Ensure that the design plan includes environmentally sustainable features, such as the use of native plants, water-efficient irrigation, and energy-efficient lighting.
• Construction management: Oversee the construction process, ensuring that the project is built according to the design plan and meets all applicable codes and regulations.
• Maintenance and management: Develop a maintenance plan to keep the outdoor space in good condition, including tasks such as mowing, pruning, and fertilization.
• Budget management: Work with clients to establish a budget for the project and ensure that the project stays within the budget.
• Client communication: Communicate with clients throughout the design, construction, and maintenance phases to ensure that their needs and preferences are being met.
• Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned technical personnel and makes reassignments as project needs arise.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field)
• 5 to 10+ years of related field engineering experience
• Broad general engineering background, with specific experience in Hard/Soft Landscaping, Irrigation works, Paving etc
• Professional registration may also be required Proven ability to perform in a supervisory/leadership role
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required
• Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project
• Good to have Qatar Driver License
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Big Fish Recruitment
Site Engineer - Roads
QA QC Engineer (Architectural + Finishes / MEP)
One Thousand Walls