Job description / Role
• The Landscape / Environmental Inspector is part of the shared services team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team concerning all landscape issues and progress of the works.
• The incumbent will be responsible for the daily inspection and approval of the work items submitted by the contractor and will monitor the work progress during the construction reporting to the Landscape Engineer.
• Will participate and coordinate with the contractor to ensure timely inspections and monitor all aspects of the landscape works in progress.
• Will have the responsibility to monitor and report on Environmental issues which may be of concern to the HSE Manager.
• Make inspections as and when requested by the contractor.
• Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the Landscape Engineer.
• Coordinate with the Landscape Engineer for daily duties and submission of daily reports.
• Prepare daily / weekly reports about the status of construction activities.
• Monitor the contractor for safe working practice and compliance with all HSE regulations and the contractor’s Project Safety Plan.
• Coordinate with the HSE Manager to monitor areas of concern for environmental hazards and controls.
• Provide input to weekly/monthly HSE reports as requested by the HSE Manager.
• Inform the Landscape Engineer of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones.
• Participate in all site safety training and comply with all site safety protocols.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Horticulture or related field and 7 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of landscape supervision on major infrastructure projects, preferably in the Gulf region.
• Documented training or experience in the identification/monitoring/control of Environmental hazards.
• Must be knowledgeable of current landscape practice and how to best implement it at the project level.
• Proven ability to perform in a site supervision role.
• Must be computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with a good capability in written technical skills to produce daily/weekly reports.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Landscape Operations Manager
Landscape Inspector - High Rise/Infra
Lean Construction Engineer