Job description / Role
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. Scope of work includes roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, utilities network and other infrastructure.
The Landscape Inspector is part of the shared services team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all landscape issues and progress of the works. The incumbent will be responsible for the daily inspection and approval of the work items submitted by the contractor and he will monitor the work progress during the construction reporting to the Resident Landscape Architect. He will participate and coordinate with the contractor to ensure timely inspections and monitor all aspects of the landscape works in progress.
- Make inspections as and when requested by the contractor.
- Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the Resident Landscape Architect.
- Coordinate with the Landscape Engineer for daily duties and submission of daily reports.
- Prepare daily / weekly reports about the status of construction activities.
- Monitor the contractor for safe working practice and compliance with all HSSE regulations and the contractors Project Safety Plan.
- Inform the Resident Landscape Architect of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones.
- Participate in all site safety training and comply with all site safety protocols.
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering, Horticulture, Irrigation Technology, or related field and 7 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of landscape supervision on major infrastructure projects, preferably in the Gulf region.
- Must be knowledgeable of current horticultural and/or irrigations practices and how to best implement it on the project.
- Proven ability to perform in a site supervision role.
- Must have a sound knowledge of horticultural practice and horticultural practice with regard to large scale planting of semi-mature trees and shrubs common to the Gulf region.
- Must be computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc.
- Must be very good in English both written and spoken with a good capability in written technical skills to produce daily/weekly reports.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.