Job description / Role
- The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Laundry Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Sort soiled guestroom linen as required and fill containers, label and prepare them for pick-up
- Sort/count soiled linen (Food & Beverage) and fill in containers, label and prepare them for pick-up
- Set aside misused linen for further investigation
- Report any articles found within the linen/ chute area e.g. glass, food, cutlery, needles etc.
- Keep the working area clean and tidy at all times
- Wear mask, gloves as advised for health and safety reasons
- Fold and pile clean towels, bathrobes to be picked-up and delivered by floor porters/ housemen
- Roll the room linen and put them into containers; keep the clean linen ready for distribution
- If and when required wash towels, observe all points in handling chemicals, lifting towels as trained.
- Help in other duties where necessary within linen/ laundry area
- Report of any malfunction of equipment or anything that may be a potential health & safety hazard to the Supervisor
- Attend training courses given by Housekeeping/ Human Resources Department
Your experience and skills include:
- High School diploma, vocational training and/ or 1 year of work experience
- Basic understanding of the English language is desirable
- Able to carry items or materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Previous experience in luxury hotel housekeeping department is desirable
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.