Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Laundry Attendant - Waterpark
This position is responsible for providing colleagues laundry services that meet the Water Park standards.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Process laundry by either washing, dry cleaning or pressing according to department standards and procedures
- Use laundry equipment as per instructed and maintain them in a proper state of cleanliness
- Report stains or torn laundry, as well as any items left in pockets or jewelry on clothing before beginning the process of cleaning
- Weigh all laundry prior to loading into machines
- Ensure usage of solvent, laundry and spotting chemicals are as per as protocol
- Pay particular attention to any items that require pre-wash soaking
- Mark all items for laundering, pay attention to staff company ID numbers and sequences
- Ensure working area is kept clean and organized
- Present staff laundry as per instructed
- Ensure segregation of uniforms for external laundry are ready for contractor collection
- Operate machinery (washer/ dryer/ dry cleaning machine/ steam iron/ press etc.
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management
- Always maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the assigned by the Management
- Be courteous, positive and establish and maintain professional working relationship with all staff
- Assist with inventory
- Perform any other related duties as required and instructed by his/ her superiors.
Your experience and skills include:
- Primary school education
- Good oral proficiency in English language
- Experience is required and additional training will be provided
- Service oriented with an eye for details
- Ability to work effectively and contribute to a team
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Must be well-presented and professionally always groomed
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays based on business demands.
- Able to stand for a long period of time.
- Able to push and pull loaded trolleys.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.