Job description / Role
World Sports Event Qatar Accommodation Services
Laundry Supervisor (fixed term contract until January 2023)
What's in it for you?
Take the fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizon outside the common hotel business and play your role in delivering high quality hospitality services embedded in one of the world's most popular sports events. Benefit from this exceptional experience by advancing your skills, know-how and future career.
What you will be doing:
- To supervise the Laundry operations ensuring that the projects standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To supervise outsourced laundry services, for quality and standard procedures.
- Conducts daily briefing to employees on room occupancy and special attention that may be needed.
- To ensure that all attendants are wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment's while at work as per SOPs and follow other grooming standard.
- Works closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the events and the satisfaction of guests.
- Reports to Assistant Laundry Manager on major problems, discrepancies in count, defects or stains in Linen prior place into the Pantry.
- Coordinate with logistics for soil / fresh linen according to rooms' occupancy.
- Ensures all linens are handled and distribute according to their priority.
- To maintain the linen par stocks.
- To ensure proper distribution of all articles and efficient handling of guests, managers and Heartists uniforms.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
- To conduct / attend a daily line up briefing with the Laundry team to recapitulate tasks and activity.
- To assist in fulfilling administrative responsibilities and monitoring activities.
- To ensure trainings and regular "refresher" courses are conducted and attended as scheduled.
Your experience and skills include:
- At least 2 years experience in the same role in Laundry department.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- A hands-on approach is essential
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Middle East hotel experience is a plus
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.