Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm's legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You'll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm's client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees.
As part of our team, you'll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You'll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
- Adheres to the OGC Budget Customers Support Senior OGC members, ME Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and ME General Counsel (GC) litigation, and corporate, commercial and regulatory Qatar matters.
- Provide advice and support in relation to Qatar regulatory matters, including providing interpretations of law and regulation to engagement teams to help them understand how regulations apply to the firm and to client engagements.
- Provide support on commercial and transactional matters.
- Provide support on significant litigation matters, by assisting with the internal investigations required in relation to litigation matters, and supporting in reviewing pleadings and filings, and working with technical experts.
- Provide advice and support in dealing with liquidators and bankruptcy situations involving clients or ex-clients.
- Provide updates to and work closely with Global firm R&Q and Global OGC teams as well as PwC UK OGC, on significant adverse matters.
- Provide advice to engagement teams and LoS R&Q teams on all legal related areas of risk during an engagement lifecycle.
- Liaise with other R&Q functions such as Independence, Compliance, AML etc for specialist advice.
- Build relationships with the relevant LoS R&Q Leader, other R&Q Leaders, and LoS / IFS Partners and engagement teams.
- Meet with the allocated LoS R&Q / IFS Leader to discuss key findings, areas of concerns and / or gather feedback.
- Consult and escalate to the LoS R&Q Leader / OGC ME General Counsel as necessary.
- Assist with producing guidance and templates, and assist with updating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Provide support and lead on sensitive regulatory matters.
- Assist with reviewing and redesigning processes if needed.
- Provide support to OGC projects as needed.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant PwC Network standards, policies, and procedures.
Learning & Growth
- Meet with relevant business stakeholders and LoS R&Q Partners regularly to ensure optimal relationships.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members.
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the R&Q team.
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships.
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience
- Qualified lawyer
- Strong English (Arabic preferred but not necessary)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Relevant legal experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier firm, relevant experience at a top law firm, or relevant experience at a regulator required.
- Prior people management and teamwork experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep understanding of the legal environment across the region Deep legal, regulatory and litigation knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong networking and capacity to build strong connections with Global, EMEA, external legal counsels, UK and other R&Q LoS communities
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong people management skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented and strong internal control skills
- Ability to develop and implement procedures, controls and policies for functional areas of responsibility
- Organization skills and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ethical conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.