Job description / Role
Working for this prestigious semi-government real estate developer, you will play a vital role in the maintenance of the company’s corporate headquarters.
The purpose of the position is to install, operate and repair all assigned assets as applicable (buildings, carpools, fuel dock etc). You will oversee the operation, installation, maintenance and repair of equipment by contractors, research, develop, design and test mechanical devices for assets as required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Prepare SOW specifications and tender documentation for assets maintenance and operation requirements
• Prepares schedule of routine maintenance and checklists to be undertaken in coordination with the contractors
• Manage and control of day to day activity related to O&M and workload for the maintenance team to ensure an effective and efficient service is delivered including the planning and resourcing of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and maintenance shutdown
• Interpret, explain and apply codes, rules and regulations involved in maintenance activities
• Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedules and the supply of materials required to maintain the machines and equipment
• Acknowledge and take appropriate action for complaints received by employees
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations to contractor maintenance crew
• Assist drafters in any structural developments
In addition to an excellent salary, the successful candidate will receive generous benefits including education allowance for children in Qatar.
The ideal candidate will have
• Solid experience in Facility Maintenance work in similar developer, end-user or government entity
• Sound knowledge and understanding of electrical circuits, plumbing and carpentry
• Involved in work of 24/7 nature
You will also have:
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong organization, team building and delegation skills
• Ability to work individually and in a team and follow instructions from Head, FM
• Strong management skills
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Estate Management or Construction related fields
About the Company
"Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries."
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.