Job description / Role
Key Job Accountabilities
Key Result Areas:
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to the EPC contractor.
- Demonstrate visible safety program leadership.
- Plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and ensure execution of work per plan.
- Maintain design integrity and quality requirements through the management of change and specification deviation processes.
- Maintain full project chronology of civil and structural engineering design revisions (including cause / effect data), for use in contract administration.
- Ensure issuance of high quality AFC deliverables on schedule to Construction.
- Successfully execute information management requirements throughout project life.
- Apply and capture lessons learned related to project engineering activities.
- Engage resources outside the PMT on a timely basis to resolve engineering issues.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Project core values that strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance.
- Show dynamism with high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance.
- Demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- High visibility, large capital expenditure project with significant execution schedule pressure.
- Well established policies and procedures, with high expectations for business controls compliance and awareness to meet changing needs.
- Sensitivity to diverse, multicultural environments in engineering, fabrication, field construction and operations.
- Continuous improvement approach to build on best practices and lessons learned.
- Significantly complex internal and external interfaces to coordinate.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Effective team player that collaborates well with the onshore , the broader project team, venture, contractors and external parties.
- Leads by example and demonstrates high integrity in all dealings. Builds credibility with peers and effectively uses their time.
- Prepares high quality written documents and makes effective oral presentations.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and effective communicating with individuals for whom English is not their native language.
- Mentor young Qatari engineers in the project team.
- Identifies potential problems early and develops action/mitigation plans that consider available options and balance of stakeholder issues.
- Brings experience to bear in solving complex problems in less familiar situations.
- Understands inter-discipline relationships and works toward general interest results.
- Creates high quality, accurate work products in a timely fashion with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Develops safe, fit-for-purpose technical solutions that meet the intent of project requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional registration with accredited Regulatory Body desirable (PE, C.Eng., EUR ING, or equivalent)
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in EPC projects, in civil/structural discipline including detailed design and construction phases
- Experience in Oil & Gas Facilities, especially LNG facilities and or large utilities systems
- Knowledge in geotechnical, foundations design, drainage, precast concrete, steel structures
- Experience in tank foundations design
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in multicultural environments.
- Fluent with common software applications including Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, etc
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Civil & Structural Head EPC-2
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)
Senior Civil Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer - Wet Utilities
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jan|
Civil Technical Engineer - Infrastructure