Job description / Role
- Responsible for all instrument controls engineering activities for Onshore (EPC-2) Project, ensuring all technical requirements such as project specifications, data sheets, etc. are in full compliance with project requirements, standardised processes, and are delivered to the highest technical quality standards.
- Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of technical issues associated with instruments, metering, analyzers, instrument packages, etc to meet project objectives and milestones.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Ensure Instrumentation engineering activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any.
- Execute work with objective to ensure technical alignment and compliance with client operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Resolve instrument controls discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses client Project's expectations and objectives.
- Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to I&C Head or Engineering Manager when necessary.
- Review technical aspects of instrument systems purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of such systems into the existing operating facilities
- Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of discipline activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
- Develop, update and amend instrument controls philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Instrument (and related controls if applicable) engineering are current and relevant.
- Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key instrument deliverables, progress/milestones are met.
- Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps.
- Coordinate and analyse technical issues for resolution.
- Provide Instrumentation input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary.
- Support commissioning and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations on instrument matters.
- Plan and schedule the instrument systems deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule.
- Contribute to Safety Analysis studies and provide the required input to support key design decisions.
- Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferably majoring in controls engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 12 years' experience working in Instrument area, experience in LNG projects an advantage.
- Specific knowledge in instrumentation and instrument systems such as metering, analysers, foundation fieldbus etc.
- Broad knowledge of engineering execution in Oil & Gas including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, field engineering in construction and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution expected.
- Requires demonstrated broad Instruments & Controls equipment and systems experience (Emerson DCS, Snyder Triconix SIS, Virtualization) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
- LNG Storage and Loading controls design experience desirable
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Senior I&C Engineer
Senior I&C Engineer (EPC-1A)
Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||1 Dec|
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||11 Jan|
Lead Electrical Engineer