Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectiivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Lead Engineer- LAN, WAN & OFC to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
Provide overall direction and management to the Design, Configuration, Test of LAN, WAN and OFC subsystems in the Doha Metro project.
- Design the LAN WAN and OFC subsystems together with the offshore authority and chief Engineer for the same system.
- Define the Test procedures onshore to ensure the compliance to the Customer Requirements and to the contract.
- Participate in the solution definition following Group's standards and recommendations.
- Align the solution providers with the customer requirements by issuing a technical annex to the subcontract agreement.
- Provide the guidance for the customer training on the LAN WAN and OFC sub-systems
- Support the installation and test team for the technical queries arising
- Provide technical support to the remaining system stakeholders using the network and the backbone.
- Manage a team conducting the configuration and the testing of the LAN WAN OFC subsystems.
- Interface with the OEM(s) to the LAN WAN OFC subsystems during the deployment and commissioning phases reporting issues and providing the required data for troubleshoot when out of team's scope.
- Responsible for the actions to make the tests and reports (FAT, PCC, PAC and SAT) of the LAN WAN OFC approved in full respect with the contract.
- Manage all internal and external interfaces with the LAN WAN and OFC subsystems.
- Be the authority, the custodian and the reference in the project for the LAN WAN OFC sub-systems
- Open and document the PCRs (Project Change Requests) when required.
- Coordinate the team allocating the resources to satisfy the schedule.
- Follow and participate in the cybersecurity rules of the project.
- Manage the interface with all stakeholders like Consortium, End customer and offshore units promoting meetings, site visits, support plans.
- Define and manage the system KPIs as per company standards
- Identify and manage the required human resources plan by defining job descriptions, interviewing candidates, liaise with HR.
- Provide the inputs to the PMO for the risk register.
- Enforce, in collaboration with the respective process owners, the Thales policies for the design, deployment, T&C, quality, HSE.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience in large LAN-WAN networks, on site testing, commissioning, troubleshooting and surveys.
- Have Strong knowledge of network protocols, Multicasting, Dynamic routing.
- Have good hands on experience on MPLS, BGP, OSPF protocols
- Systems Test and Commissioning experience in Windows, LINUX and systems software.
- Good knowledge on network communication protocols, Network topologies and architecture
- Experience in working with Huawei Switches and system
- Should have transportation domain experience
- Open minded (listen, share ideas) and bring added value / capture innovation
- To be agile (adapt in a complex environment, open to multi-cultural aspects )
- Excellent intercommunication in written and verbal formats in his environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks while meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- BSc/BEng in IT or Network Management.
- Chartered Project Manager from recognized professional body (preferred).
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst
|Abu Dhabi||2 May|
National Marine Dredging Company
|Abu Dhabi||26 May|
IT Infrastructure Manager
Transguard Workforce Solutions