Job description / Role
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
Ooredoo owns and operates various telecom infrastructures. This role carries out and/or supervises technical audit across the entire organisation to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the use of such infrastructures, to safeguard Ooredoo's interest, and to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and recognized IT and Information Security/Technical/ Engineering standards.
About the Role:
Lead and carry out complex IT and Technical internal audit assignments, investigations, forensics and advisory activities ensuring the work is carried out with professional care and in accordance with the appropriate standards. These different activities involve leading or conducting projects in the internal audit, compliance audit, investigations and advisory on IT, Information Security and telecommunications technical domain. In addition, the role provides significant input to the preparation of annual internal Audit Plan and contributes significantly in the follow-up audit with management.
You should have at least
- 5 years Minimum experience in IT and Technical auditing, Telecom Engineering, Electronic & Communications Engineering, Telecom analysis is a preference.
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunication infrastructures and application of related technologies in addition to knowledge in Information Technology and Information Security.
- Project management, quality control review and planning experience.Deep knowledge of the ISACA Information System standards, guidelines and Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management (Assessment of risks, evaluation and testing of controls, mitigation plans etc.,) and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks.
- Knowledge of COBIT framework and IT security best practices (Such as ISO 27001);
- Working knowledge of control and risk self assessment facilitation techniques.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Knowledge of industry best practices policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Bachelor degree in telecommunications, electronic communication/ engineering from a first tier educational institute. - Certification in at least one area (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCNA, GSNA) is preferred. - Certifications in Forensics and Fraud Investigation will be viewed favourably
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Server Infrastructure Lead Engineer
Stratus Recruitment International