Job description / Role
Perform the daily repair engineering of service shops to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function. Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect with own technical space. He / She will also be responsible for providing technical support / initiative in the organization.
- Creation & issuing of the repair work orders in Oracle system for inspection and repair.
- Identifying of potential spares for repair items, to advance the spares procurement.
- Preparation of the scope of work and costing estimation
- Preparation of Inspection and completion reports for each job orders.
- Standardization of inspection & repair routing
- Standardization of inspection & repair check forms
- Providing the disposition to eNCR (Non Conformance Report)
- Leading the repair qualification of new components
- Work closely with operation team to improve the repair process
- Regularly update shop routing and relevant forms
- Lead the Special process qualification
- Regular Uploading of reports in oracle system and update job status
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments.
- Provide technical guidance to operational teams
- Participate in technical contract review and provide necessary data / input to Com-ops team to bid for contracts.
- Drive continuous process improvement using initiatives.
- Support process troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Coordinate with HQ / relevant engineering resources for new repair process.
- Health, Environment and Safety compliance.
- works on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business.
- Communicates across the function in area of expertise.
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in mechanical or aeronautical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience repair engineering role with a focus on service shop repair engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Experience in gas turbine component repair process
- Significant knowledge or experience with special processes (welding, brazing, coating ,etc)
- Flexible working hours
- Strong computer and systems skills including Microsoft office and PowerPoint
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.