Lead Offshore Structural Engineer - Future Projects
Job description / Role
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Overall supervision of structural engineers.
- Technical competence of structural personnel.
- Forecast requirements for structural engineering resources and allocate those resources.
- Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards.
- Identify structural software necessary to enable the structural groups to function effectively.
- Interdisciplinary communication development.
- Structural group communication development.
- Check compliance with QA/safety/environment goals.
- Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity-enhancing initiatives.
- Promote career development within the group.
- Identify and review new technology development, which could be applicable in providing more cost-effective facilities.
- Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Prepare weekly structural progress and expenditure reports on a project-specific basis.
- Benchmark structural design/drafting to identify areas of improvement.
- Quality Assurance - work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Safety - responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures
What you will bring
Job Specific Knowledge :
- Thorough knowledge of the codes and standards and a good understanding of offshore engineering practices.
- Familiar with international standards such as AISC, API, ASTM, BS, etc.
- Sound grasp in offshore structural analyses for all kinds of pre-service (loadout, lift, transportation, launch/flotation, on-bottom stability) and in-service (inplace, seismic, fatigue, pushover)
- Knowledge of structural detailing and capability to develop construction friendly and economic connection and support details.
- Experience in life extension assessment projects will be an advantage.
Industry Specific Experience :
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 15 years design experience within the oil and gas industry, with last 5 years' at least, leading a team of structual discipline engineers and designers
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the structural discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
IT Skills :
- User of SACS and MS Office softwares, STAAD Pro and MathCAd.
- Working experience in USFOS software for pushover analyses
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.