Lead Piping Engineer
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
You will provide piping engineering services on large or mega projects to Worley' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the piping engineering team.
- Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors.
- Supports proposals by developing the discipline execution strategy, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers.
- Will be called upon to lead all or part of the technical proposal.
- Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements, by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Discipline Manager.
- Ensures the project work is covered for vacation and unplanned absences.
- Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training.
- Assists in the employee performance review process.
- Facilitates coverage of activities when people leave the team.
- Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes.
- Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues.
- Ensures discipline technical work and team activities meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements
- Ensures team member adherence to accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Identifies software necessary to enable piping group to function effectively.
- Provide specialist technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline and project teams; participate in peer reviews;
- Ensures recognised onshore & offshore engineering practices applicable to piping design and topside/plant layout are adopted within the discipline.
- Participate in project execution strategy and planning.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, ensures the team to meets the expectations, and liaises with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Encourages innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Participates in bid clarifications, conducts bid evaluations, completes interdiscipline vendor information review and approval, and finalizes other certification activities.
- Provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Leads on-site support for construction, commissioning, or turn over.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and piping engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in piping engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.