Job description / Role
- Responsible for overseeing Piping Engineering team and EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of Piping design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project deliverables and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensures process design considers the full production life cycle.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Provides Piping engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Piping team design in accordance with project deliverables and approved execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of Piping engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advises and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimise project cost and schedule.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project specifications
- Manages EPC Contractor's Piping engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
- Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all fabrication and construction contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
- Responsible for the Piping engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years' experience at a senior Piping Engineering with a broad knowledge of Engineering EPC project execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Experience with LNG facilities piping design including and utility systems (steam, air, water, etc) and cryogenic piping systems design
- Field engineering experience desired
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical & Static Equipment Engineer (EPC-1B)
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|
Quest Search & Selection