Lead QS / Contracts / Commercial Manager Consultant Office
Gharnata Consultant Engineers (GCE)
Job description / Role
• Leading the team of Quantity Surveyors during all quantity surveying activities including quantity take-off, preparation of cost estimates and Bills of Quantities.
• Responsible for the production of Cost Plans at Concept, Preliminary and Detail Design stages
• Responsible for the production of Bills of Quantities in Coordination with Design teams and Specification Engineers, he/she will be responsible for the preparation of BOQ (along with QS team) for quantity take-off and to ensure all key elements from relevant design departments (including Civil, Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical) are incorporated.
• Provide cost advice generally during design development including carrying out cost comparisons of alternative designs or construction solutions as necessary or as requested by the Client.
• Conduct Value Engineering exercise for various design options presented by design teams, as needed and advise the team accordingly, and provide value engineering options when the design is over budget
• Providing advice, recommendations and prepare draft commercial tender documentation, answer commercial tender queries, perform commercial tender evaluations, tender reporting and issue recommendation, prepare and submit to the Client
• Supporting the tendering process, by taking the responsibility to attend the tender queries related to Bills of Quantities and evaluation of Tenderers’ for the preparation of Tender Analysis Report within the stipulated time
• Assessment and Certifications of Main Contractor’s Interim Payment Applications
• Evaluation of Variations and Claims
• Drafting Contract correspondence such as delay notices, variation orders, etc.
• Monitoring delays and damages as per the Contract
• Manage the execution and administration of Contracts (of Clients and Sub-Consultants), including measuring performance against contract, issuing notices in accordance with contract requirements, managing payments in accordance with contract requirements, managing changes in accordance with contract requirements, managing disputes and resolutions in accordance with contract requirements
• Explore the market for potential Design and Supervision Consultancy Tenders
• Preparing Technical / Commercial Tender submissions and Fee Proposals for Design and Supervisions Consultancy Services
• Attending Pre/Mid/Post Tender Meetings
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from a reputed University
- Minimum 15 years of post-graduate experience (Overall)
- Minimum 10 years of experience working for a Consultancy Company
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a Lead QS (Consultancy Company)
- Knowledgeable in Architecture, Civil, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Landscape is a Must
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, liaison and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in multilingual environment
- Ability to work under pressure
Previous experience in Design & Build and Re-measurable Contracts is an added advantage
About the Company
Gharnata Consultant Engineers is an architecture & planning company based in Doha, Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Contracts Engineer
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Compass Project Consulting
Contracts Engineering Expert