Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
BHGE, is looking for an experienced Lead Technical Sales Engineer - Completions & wellbore Interventions. The position is based in Qatar and the mandate is to develop Completions business with key customers
- Technical sales by positioning BHGE technology and identifying the best technical and commercial solution especially for wellbore construction and completions
- Promote the business value proposition of BHGE technology. Works in close cooperation with regional sales, account sales and commercial proposal staff.
- Provide skilled level engineering support for all current customer contracts, key field product application and/or completion product performance.
- Develop Technical Operating Manuals (TOM), Hook up drawings, Operating Procedures System Limits, Decision Tree/ Matrix, T&D, Tubemove models etc. and review them with customer and Houston Engineering teams
- Determine Equipment Specifications/Ratings, drawings, running procedures and equipment compatibility for the sales team according to customer requirements
- Provide technical trainings to customer and BHGE employees as necessary
- Assist with well specific job design based on applications and review with customer before handover to operations
- Assist with technical requirements during pre-tendering phase & Technical Proposals for Tenders submission
- New technology introduction and collaboration with product line to implement it
- Provide Engineering support for troubleshooting rig operations
- Investigate unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative action
- Provide Sales quote support, Quote preparations, Cost and inventory analysis for quote margins as required
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 Years proven Sales/Account Management experience with 2-3 years of Technical support experience.
- Proficient in SAP & MS Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel, MS , Outlook, PowerPoint & preferably MS project
- Comprehensive, specialized technical knowledge of Wellbore Construction & Completions products and services
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of sales process
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial and contract language.
- French language proficiency preferred.
- Working experience on ERD wells will be preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Ability to coach others
- Based in client office as required
- Doha, Qatar
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.