Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE ENSURE URBAN RAIL SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY FOR OVER 3 BILLION PASSENGERS ANNUALLY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
URBAN RAIL SIGNALLING (URS)
Urban Rail Signalling is part of our Transportation business. Did you know that Thales rail-signalling technology powers the longest driverless metro network in the world? Used on over 80 metro lines in over 40 cities world-wide, our communications- based train control systems for urban rail ensures passengers' safety, improves service efficiency whilst reducing energy consumption and cost. 3 billion passengers annually benefit from the Thales Urban Rail Signalling team's innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class solution.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A TELECOM/SCADA SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION LEAD TO JOIN THE THALES URBAN RAIL SIGNALLING (URS) TEAM IN QATAR.
The Telecom/SCADA Software Configuration Lead will lead and manage the software configuration for Doha Metro project. Software configuration will include placement of all Telecom and SCADA devices on maps and managing the changes.
- Responsible to integrate and deliver SW packages for all sub-system configuration, supports provided by T&C sub-systems team.
- Responsible to deliver SW packages for system configuration.
- Coordinate with internal teams to receive latest software packages showing the Telecom and SCADA devices.
- Support the devices and link them to maps activities.
- Coordinate with offshore teams.
- Manage Baselines in the configuration management tool.
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of the process.
- Manage the life cycle of this activity by ensuring changes are captured and devices properly maintained.
- Participate & Support of Integration, Verification, Validation, Qualification, T&C activities.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical/Electronics/Computers or related field required.
- Previous Experience in software and systems integration and configuration, Integration, Verification, Validation, Qualification, Testing and Commissioning
- Knowledge of Metro systems (Tunnel ventilation, Power, Platform screen doors, Telecoms, BACS, Maintenance systems), telecom systems such as CCTV, ACS, PAS, SCADA, etc., configuration process, SCADA configuration tools (Wonderware and PCvue)
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in t he Qatar, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.