Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Lean Construction Specialist to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar.
This position is responsible for maintaining proper and complete communication with the client's site engineers on all project related issues and to review, understand and implement contract drawings and specifications on site.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Developing Lean improvement initiatives and methodologies to achieve project deliverables.
- Involving all relevant Engineering departments into Lean collaborative planning to enhance the Lean capabilities and skills of them.
- Providing challenges for construction team members to identify, remove and resolve constraints that prevent the team from fulfilling commitments and to have the best realistic target programme.
- Supporting construction manager and supervisors in program establishment and following up on all program stages timing, concept, feasibility, design, construction, quality, logistics and engineering changes.
- Facilitating and leading continuous improvement activities that support team and development using Lean principals, tools and concepts.
- Monitoring development of standardized work documentation, material flow improvements and progress tracking in areas assigned.
- Developing programmes for record retention of continuous improvement and training of construction team.
- Providing support, reports and inputs to Resident Engineer in monitoring the site construction activities performed by the contractor to ensure work quality and site safety.
- Carrying out independent inspection as necessary on the construction works to ensure the Contractor is following agreed procedures.
- Checking and reviewing of Shop Drawings, Contractor's Method Statements and Material Submittal in accordance with the specification.
- Responsible for supervising and directing with all assigned discipline inspectors and ensuring the construction activity according to the Inspection Test Plan (ITP)
- Ensuring any remedial measures are first approved for any NCRs by the Engineer and then implemented and recorded.
- Review of any material changes and feedback provided on any divergence agreed subsequently for record purposes.
- Responding to the Contractor's requests for inspections in consultation with the concerned of Resident Engineer.
- Completing Site Inspection Forms, Reports and Checklists as assigned or approved.
- Witnessing selected material sampling and testing as set out in the Technical Plan.
- Attending meetings with Contractor's staff as agreed by the contractor and when assigned or delegated by the Resident Engineer.
- Keeping a daily record of site activities and duties performed.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 15 years work experience, partnered with a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent. Certification in Lean Construction is required.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.