Job description / Role
Position: Learning & Development Specialist
Section: Human Resources
Location: Doha Qatar
** PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO QATARI CANDIDATES **
Job Summary and Purpose
Design and implement a talent assessment and development framework, methodology and process for the purposes of talent identification, development and succession planning, with an emphasis on National Development. Execute the full ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation) cycle in relation to Learning and Development for all NAKILAT employees and managers, with particular focus on the development of Qatari Nationals. Manage the initiatives and programs that will enable NAKILAT to achieve its short-term Qatarization goals and long-term Qatarization objectives.
Learning & Talent Development:
1. Implement Learning and Development, Career Planning and Succession Planning tools & methodologies reflecting leading practices in Oil and Gas sector and Maritime industry.
2. Deliver development centers with associated psychometric assessments, interpreting the results to compile Employee and Line Managers feedback reports that includes recommended development actions.
3. Collaborate with the Head of L&D to design an Employee Development Program to retain and develop high potential employees by building on any capability assessments to identify capability gaps.
4. Coordinate with the Line Managers to identify capability and competency requirements of high potential candidates and identify and recommend Training and Development requirements to bridge these gaps.
5. Review, analyze and assess career progression and succession planning requirements and identify and recommend relevant training and development requirements.
6. Support flexible career paths and succession planning that focus on aligning talent and opportunities by reviewing internal and the external recruiting pipelines in collaborations with the Head of Learning and Development, Recruitment and Line Managers.
7. Ensure timely identifications of potential key roles/jobs and high potential candidates who could go through the succession planning process.
8. Work with potential successor candidates to support them through succession planning programs.
Assess skills and experience required for unmatched critical positions, and report risk areas, if any, to the Head of Learning and Development in collaboration with other concerned parties to put in place mitigation plans to address these risk areas.
10. Support the delivery of high-profile business critical development programs such as operational technical programs, leadership development programs and professional accreditation programs.
11. Project manage the development of the Annual Training Plan to address skills gaps and identified training needs, with specific focus on Qatari Nationals.
12. Identify suitable training providers available, both locally, regionally, and overseas, in order to deliver training objectives in line with management's requirements and coordinate the training delivery process to ensure the achievement of learning objectives.
13. Participate in the ongoing execution of a blended learning strategy and work with the Head of L&D to develop the virtual delivery model including eLearning, online classrooms, self-directed learning, peer to peer learning and social learning.
14. Support the Career Development Planning process and advise the appropriate development actions to be taken to develop Qatari Nationals towards senior roles, as well as ensure that CDPs are in place for selected Qatari Nationals.
Assist in developing and implementing a ‘Mentoring and Coaching Programme’ for Qatari Nationals, including Post holders, Graduate Developees, and Trainees. Once implemented, track and report on the progress and success of these programmes.
16. Design, develop and implement talent programs for ‘young’ Qatari talent including the Marine Cadet Training Programme in association with QatarEnergy.
17. Manage and successfully implement students’ sponsorships and report regularly on student progress.
18. Participate in the establishment and maintenance of effective performance management policies, processes and systems within NAKILAT.
19. Manage all phases of the Performance Management cycle (planning, review, and appraisal).
20. Analyze and publish periodic internal reports on performance management practices and processes.
21. Support the Performance Improvement process for employees who are underperforming in their current roles by ensuring that Performance Improvement Plans are in place, and well tracked.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
22. Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
23. Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures.
24. Work with the Head of L&D to improve and advance policies & procedures whenever possible.
25. Work to enhance the existing Learning Management System in SuccessFactors through effective change management processes in conjunction with IT professionals both internal & external.
26. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or any other related field.
2. British Psychological Society (BPS) Level A & P preferred or equivalent.
1. 5-7 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3-5 years should be in a similar position / responsibility.
2. Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry and regional experience is preferred
Job Specific Skills:
1. Experience of the full ADDIE cycle in a Learning and Development section
2. Knowledge of Learning and Development principles and best practices
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office & Learning Authoring Tools
4. Knowledge of SAP ERP & SuccessFactors LMS
5. Assessment & Development Methodologies
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.