Job description / Role
The Leasing Manager is responsible for heading, managing and overseeing all aspects of the leasing function, including developing the leasing plan to identify, attract and retain tenants and negotiate to achieve the best possible outcome, to ensure the proper tenant mix in line with the business plan.
• Manage all leasing activities including vetting prospective clients, attracting new tenants, rental negotiations and the development of attractive leasing packages
• Develop and maintain a long-term beneficial relationship with all prospective retail groups, to ensure continued stream of business opportunities
• Keep attuned to retail market trends and developments and be knowledgeable about competitive landscape
• Implement all the necessary documentation required in the fulfillment of activities such as leasing, renewals, moving in, moving out and renovation
• Responsible for leasing premises according to defined retailer mix and ensure optimal retailer mix
• Monitor tenant mix to ensure commercially profitable to the mall
• Manage day-to-day operations of leasing and ensure maximum optimization of resources
• Review and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure effective organisational management
• Coordinate and attend to tenants and clients’ need and provide optimal level of service
• Coordinate with other department heads to ensure effective and efficient operation of the mall
• Finalize renewals of existing retailers in accordance to company’s rules and procedures
• Actively contributes, promotes and markets the mall to ensure high footfall and occupancy.
• Provides other support to management, as may be required from time to time.
• A Graduate degree in the field of Business or similar
• A Minimum of 8 years Leasing management experience, preferably in the GCC region
• Mixed use development experience, an advantage
• Experience with luxury segment of the market
• Extensive knowledge of leasing management
Competencies / Skills and Knowledge:
• Leadership and decision making qualities are essential
• Able to be trusted with confidential and sensitive company information
• Knowledge of managing leasing contracts and negotiation, exposure to tender management
• Good understanding of tenant mix and zoning, mall marketing, advertisement and promotion
• Good understanding of mall operations
• Strong command of Leasing policies and procedures
• Proficient with MS Office
• Seasoned business professional and good technical knowledge of leasing retail and commercial facilities
• Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
• Strong negotiation and sales skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Possess good command of English, ability to speak Arabic an advantage
• Working knowledge of legal clauses in lease agreement
• Trustworthy, reliable and sound ethical judgment
About the Company
Equinox was founded by Sheikh Hassan Bin Sultan Al Thani in 1993 who holds the position of the CEO until today, overseeing the company's strategic direction and development. Originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market, the company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today Equinox has grown to include activities within real estate development and investment, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation.
The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, residential compounds, commercial and industrial developments. The retail section covers the major categories such as fashion, home interiors, beauty, accessories, jewellery and toys. B2B section includes contracting, project work and product distribution. As for the local partnership and representation section, it entails alignments with world leading logistics organisations. Spanning Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and America, Equinox portfolio of brands and business partners is truly global.