Job description / Role
Lecturers Required: EAP, Physics, Chemistry/Biology, Maths, Business Studies
• To teach on the Pre-International Foundation (Pre-IFY) and Programme and the International foundation year (IFY) as appropriate; To act as a tutor/co-tutor to a group of students and any other duty assigned by the Head of Academics.
• To take attendance of students in the tutor group
• To teach IFY International Foundation Year students at specified periods in the time table
• To prepare lesson plans and a scheme of work/programme of study for the classes to be taught
• To prepare a course handbook for the subject area under the following headings:
• Introduction to subject area
• Course expectations
• Aims and objectives of subject area
• Structure of lessons
• Syllabus structure
• Brief Summary of each unit of the syllabus
• Reading Lists/Material
• To give continuous assessment tests as at when due and ensure the marks are ready on specified dates given in order to meet up with the deadline for sending reports
• Be involved or assist in organising extracurricular activities within the school.
• Be involved in invigilating students in internal examinations as well as during the entrance examinations conducted for new students. Entrance examination is scheduled for some Saturdays.
• To give pastoral care to a group of students.
• To participate in any cross college CPD as and when required.
• Create and complete student perception questionnaires on entry, in December and January as a minimum
• Create and improve the use of the VLE and record and monitor student attendance and progress as directed.
• Maintain standards expected by award making bodies, industry and students.
• Work with other lecturers to identify and support those students at risk of non-completion of their programme.
• Support the team of specialist and vocational teachers to embed skills in the subjects they deliver
• Prepare teaching materials and practical exercises in line with the syllabus and in conjunction with the NCUK programme of study.
• Attend and participate in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as and when required.
• Undertake such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may reasonably be required.
Education: Minimum Qualification:
• Degree or postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject/education.
• Master’s Degree is desirable but not essential.
• University of Cambridge International Examinations Professional Development Courses and Certificate (AS/A level & IGSE) is an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 Years teaching experience (at Secondary/Higher Education level)
• Have sound content knowledge of subject area.
• Must have wide experience of teaching British Curriculum at Advanced Level/Foundation Year Level or any vocational qualifications.
• Ability to take up additional responsibilities outside the role of teaching the students.
• Ability to demonstrate how learning can be achieved in the classroom.
• Ability to demonstrate good presentation methods and appropriate use of a wide range of educational resources.
• Good observation skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Have a professional approach to all routine tasks and displays a sense of responsibility at all times.
• Focused on the delivery of customer service to everybody on the school premises.
• Excellent time management and team building skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• ICT literate.
• Task Focused, proactive and disciplined with a sense of integrity.
• Smart, well-groomed and confident with a professional attitude at all times.
• Possess a friendly, approachable personality.
• Can pass a personal identity check and produce references.
About the Company
University Foundation College is the first in Qatar to offer UK University Preparation Courses, approved by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, which brings together a wealth of academic and international counselling and placement experience. Our programmes are 'quality assured' by the Northern Consortium of UK Universities (NCUK) and taught by UK qualified teachers.
University Foundation College is a new dynamic private British College approved by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education which brings together a wealth of academic and international counselling experience.
Our ethos is to place our students at the centre of everything we do. We offer interesting and innovative Northern Consortium of UK Universities (NCUK) and Pre-Foundation preparation programmes blended with skills development.