Job description / Role
• Manage and maintain QPM’s legal activities, assist in ensuring regulatory compliance, legal counsel and legal action as needed, to protect QPM’s interests and enable it to be a legally compliant and reliable PMC.
• Participate in the QPM Contracts activities by supporting the Contracts Manager on contracts documentation, negotiations and administration.
• Study national laws, construction laws, labour laws etc. to identify areas of compliance for QPM.
• Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance to applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure awareness in project teams and other departments about construction sector regulations.
• Assist Contracts Manager to develop guidelines to help project teams handle contractual issues with consultants, sub-consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers etc. on behalf of clients.
• Assist Contracts Manager to develop guidelines, processes and tools to enable project teams to facilitate claims management.
• Study detailed business plans related to expansions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and strategic alliances and business partnerships, etc.and advise QPM leadership on legal aspects of the same with special attention to the identification, management, mitigation and transfer of risks.
• Advise Executive Management on corporate set-ups, corporate structuring and re-structuring activities.
• Assist the CEO with Corporate Governance compliance at organizational, board, management and project levels.
• Manage the ‘legal function’ for efficient response to legal/contract related queries/issues from other departments.
• Provide drafting, negotiating and interpreting support on contract terms and conditions from a legal standpoint on all legal documentation for projects matters.
• Provide drafting, negotiating and interpreting support on contract terms and conditions from a legal standpoint on all legal documentation for corporate, non-project and other miscellaneous functions.
• Work with Chief Executive Officer to formulate templates for various contracts and documents for use in project and project-related matters.
• Review various agreements of the clients such as construction contracts and consultancy contracts, etc.
• Prepare various agreements for Clients such as letter of intent (LOI), memorandum of understanding (MOU), non-disclosure agreement (NDA), etc.
• Advise Project Managers on legal issues relating to matters of claims avoidance, negotiating change orders and contract adjustments.
• Advise project team and Client on legal issues relating to construction and engineering disputes on site
• Advise Project Managers and Contract Managers on the legal position vis-à-vis salient contractual matters relating to bonds, insurances, indemnities and liabilities.
• Advise management on the legal position relating to contractual issues with business partners of alliances and partnerships.
• Assist Chief Executive Officer on corporate issues affecting QPM.
• Support QPM Proposal Teams on appropriate responses to Invitation for Pre-Qualification (IPQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) from potential clients.
• Support the tendering processes by issuing all the Request for Proposals (RFP) for non-project matters and coordinating the processes with the sponsoring departments.
• Participate as a member of Limited Tender Committee (LTC) and provide legal support at all LTC meetings.
• Oversee legal issues and disputes with consultants / contractors on projects on behalf of QPM and advice on recourse.
• Oversee legal action on behalf of QPM in cases of legal disputes with clients, partners, competitors and employees.
• Engage and manage third party legal firms and consultants to represent QPM in courts of law.
• Establish and develop professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Maintain awareness of industry best practices in contracts management.
• Maintain awareness of government policies and policy changes, and represent QPM in industry forums.
• Adopt and adapt leading and applicable concepts and best practices into QPM.
• Graduate Degree in Law; 10+ years in the practice of corporate and construction laws as legal counsel, preferably with a project management company and at least 5 years in a in a managerial capacity.
• Exposure to dealing with cross border contracts relating to takeovers, mergers & acquisition, joint ventures, construction and construction related matters.
• Construction sector laws in GCC and globally
• Company Law, Labor Law, Contracts Law
• Laws governing Takeovers, Mergers & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
• Construction contracts.
• FIDIC forms of contracts
• Analytical and problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Business Acumen
• Efficient in multi-tasking
• Interpersonal skills and team player
• Professional integrity
• Cross-cultural sensitivity
• Ability to think “out of the box” to facilitate creative approaches to resolve issues and problems with best interest of QPM protected.
• Ability to be commercial minded in negotiations to bring expeditious closure of contracts negotiations and with best interest of QPM protected.
About the Company
A leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar.