Job description / Role
The Legal Advisor will be responsible for handling a wide variety of commercial legal issues. In this regard, he shall provide legal advices to the company departments and draft and review all documents of legal nature. The Legal Advisor experience in Qatari commercial/financial/corporate laws will enable him to identify any legal implications and risks in the transactions of the company. He would be responsible to handle any legal issues relating to the business with (Ministries, government authorities, clients, corporations) etc.
• Negotiate and follow-up with the outside parties (governmental authorities, clients, corporations) any legal issue relating to the business of the company.
• Be able to manage compliance with laws and regulations and minimize legal risks.
• Advise all company departments on contract interpretation and implementation, corporate legal matters, corporate governance and other legal issues relating to the operations and business of the company.
• Advises on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business
• Be able to assist and manage any litigation issues
• Conducting legal analysis and researching legal matters.
• Takes decisive actions on various legal matters and assess’ contentious and uncontroversial issues
• Represents the company in ensuring the efficient handling and best outcome of all negotiations and disputes
• Advises and ensures the business in compliance with the necessities of legislation
• Supervises, researches and analyzes implication of case law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the company
• Deals with complex legal matters with multiple stakeholders
• Drafts legal opinions, memoranda, and briefing documents.
• Formulating formalities regarding settlements of disputes.
• Monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses.
QAR 25,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited law school
• Minimum 8-10 years of relevant legal experience
• Working for a government authority will be an advantage
• Prior experience in the GCC is a plus
• Excellent in reading, drafting and communicating clearly in Arabic and English
• Excellent command of Arabic and English language (verbal and written)
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proactive and dynamic
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Critical Thinking
• Ability to multi-task and work in a variety of projects simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people across the different levels of the organisation
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Legal Advisor & Board Secretary
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
General Counsel (Real Estate)
Stratus Recruitment International
Head of Legal
Global Business Network (GlobNet)
Head of Legal - Top Tier Holding Group