Job description / Role
Engage Selection are working with a growing multinational law firm in need of a lawyer to assist the senior partner primarily with Qatari construction disputes and contracts.
You’ll report directly into the partner and work closely with a small group of associates in preparing for upcoming cases.
• Manage all construction cases.
• Negotiate various building and engineering contracts with local developers.
• Prepare all documents required to file cases,
• Work closely with staff to prepare a comprehensive brief on each case that goes to trial.
• Maintain a regular schedule of hearings, court appearances and conferences based on case requirements.
• Schedule and administer full depositions of case witnesses and experts.
• Review discovery documents and determine the best course of action for each client in each case.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law or relevant qualifications.
• 5-10 years’ experience in construction law, ideally within Middle East.
• Willingness to relocate to Qatar.
• Willingness to participate in the company’s business development efforts.
• Excellent communication and organization abilities.
• Strong research and report-generating skills.
• Experience in using legal database software.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.