Job description / Role
Well established and highly regarded law firm in Qatar with an extensive client list made up of household name multinationals. Seeking a Western lawyer to join their office.
* Established over 20 years ago and focuses on commercial and civil law matters for a vast range of international businesses and law firms
* Represent corporate clients on inward investment into Qatar, as well as advising some more local businesses
* Responsible predominantly for non-contentious work
* Carry out a range of advisory work for international clients, expected to take a lead role on many matters
* NOT expected to bring a book of business, or necessarily to develop new clients.
* The firm has a brand name which attracts a large volume of legal work, so you will simply be expected to service this to the highest quality
It is not often that law firms with such a strong brand name are able to offer the flexibility that this client has. You will not be expected to be in the office certain hours, or to fill out time sheets, simply to service your clients effectively.
Chance to live in a tax-free jurisdiction on a generous salary, for a very stable outfit that will allow you to develop your career on your own terms without compromising quality of work.
This firm is led by a Managing Partner with an exceptional reputation, not just in the local Qatari market but also internationally. By working alongside such an individual you will gain exposure to come hugely exciting and complex projects.
To be considered you MUST have the following:
* Native English speaker
* Qualified lawyer with strong academic background
* Experience of non-contentious work with cross-border clients
* 4+ years of legal experience (no upper limit)
NB: This role may be particularly well suited to candidates who are either approaching retirement, or recently retired, but still keen to be active in top quality legal issues.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.