Job description / Role
Engage Selection are working with a leading international Trade & Development company in Qatar to search for a Legal Counsel. Reporting into the Legal Director, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely legal advice to all stakeholders in line with the mandate of Legal Department.
• Support the Legal Director in development and implementation of the Legal Department’s business plan in alignment with the company’s corporate strategy, through departmental initiatives and projects.
• Support in monitoring implementation of the Legal department’s policies, procedures, processes regulations and guidelines.
• Provide legal advice to stakeholders on various legal aspects as and when needed. This may cover areas such as structure, business operations, various project and operations related activities, dispute resolution and litigation matters pertaining to the company
• Develop documents in accordance with the standard templates, policies and processes applicable in the Legal Department.
• Provide advice on aspects such as terms and conditions of contracts, agreements and other documentation received or generated for the company.
• Support in design and implementation of compliance policies and procedures governing conflict of interest, anti-money laundering / KYC, etc.
• Support in providing legal advice on monitor legal compliance on local, regional and international laws as applicable.
• Support in providing legal advice concerning labour law related mater including disputes that may arise relating to employees.
• Participate in developing risk mitigation plans and action the outcomes of risk assessment and take relevant measures.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant external legal entities, contractors, stakeholders and organizations.
• Provide professional development support and perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates (if applicable) based on the company’s Employee Performance Management framework.
• Bilingual (Arabic & English).
• LLB mandatory, ideally you will have an LLM or LPC.
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the Legal field, preferably in real estate, infrastructure sector.
• Excellent commercial, corporate, and dispute resolution legal skills.
• Experience in or understanding of Qatar/GCC market.
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are essential.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)