Job description / Role
• Responsible for provision of sound legal advice to the Organization on all legal matters to ensure protection against legal exposure and liability for both transactions and dispute resolution exercises.
• Responsible for identification of legal risk associated with managerial decisions as well as provides recommendation on the risk minimization.
• Reviews and assesses legal disputes facing the Organization and provides legal opinion to guide management decision.
• Defend the organization in dispute resolution exercises.
KEY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
• Responsible for development and implementation of operational procedures and internal controls covering Legal activity, in line with legislative requirements and effective legal policies.
• Responsible for evaluation of corporate compliance with relevant legislative and governmental requirements as well as provides recommendations to address these in order to protect the Organization’s interests.
• Create templates of contracts and other supporting documents used all the Organization’s team in their core activities.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Organization has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
• Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
• Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and advise on the legal risks/opportunities therein. Assess legal-related risks as well as provides recommendations to eliminate/minimize sources of the potential risks identified.
• Provide legal support to the organization for transactions and dispute resolution exercises.
• Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements at the organization level
• Analyze legal implications of new projects, investments, alliances and any other strategic initiatives to ensure that all legal risks are identified, and the Organization interests are safeguarded from legal perspectives.
• Provide legal counsel to the organization with respect to its operations
• Develop relationship with law firms and relevant third parties involved in legal activities
• Provide other services to the organization such as Legal Research and assist HR in employee misconduct management.
• Perform any other work-related duties assigned by the Group Chief Legal Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Law degree is required (LLB or equivalent)
• Post graduate law degree such as BVC, LPC or LLM is an added advantage
• Professional certification from relevant institutions will be an added advantage
• Above 5 years inhouse/corporate experience on high volumes
• Good understanding of Qatar legal base and international conventions
• Very good understanding of local/Gulf business environment
• Very good understanding of procurement standards and practices
• Very good knowledge in local media laws
• Excellent knowledge of copyright and intellectual property management
• Excellent contract management skills
• Good negotiation skills
About the Company
ELAN Group was established in 2004 with the ambitious task of bringing international and unique advertising concepts to Qatar. By introducing the latest media tools to the market, with the support of globally experienced partners, we laid the foundations and set global standards for the country’s advertising sector.
Since then, we have evolved over the years to become a diversified and fully integrated media and entertainment company offering media, urban city beautification, events, and entertainment services throughout region.
ELAN Group delivers the very best in media, events, urban and entertainment services by engaging with our customers at every stage of each project and always putting them at the center of everything that we do.